My dad sent this list to me. I loved it! I knew I wanted to share it. I hope you all enjoy these tips also:
Ezra Taft Benson’s 10 Suggestions for Successful Parenting
“Thinking of the example of his own mother and that of his beloved and faithful wife, Flora, President Benson has offered ten specific suggestions for mothers as they guide their precious children:
1. Take time to always be at the crossroads in the lives of your children, whether they be six or sixteen.
2. Take time to be a real friend to your children.
3. Take time to read to your children. Remember what the poet wrote:You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be— I had a mother who read to me.
4. Take time to pray with your children.
5. Take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening. Make this one of your great family traditions.
6. Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible. (my personal note: It has been proven that your children WILL be smarter if you eat toghether as a family!)
7. Take time daily to read the scriptures together as a family.
8. Take time to do things together as a family.
9. Take time to teach your children.
10.Take time to truly love your children. A mother’s unqualified love approaches Christlike love.
Now, if you want some more fun hints and tips, go to the Works for me Wednesday Carnival over at wearethatfamily.com - but don't be aftaid to shop around here first!